Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES) - External Scholarship
Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES)
Scholarships support flexible study arrangements, and are available to eligible students:
- commencing a new course of study in 2022
- studying on campus, online or via distance education
- studying from six months full-time up to eight years part-time
Eligible students may receive up to $18,000 each (e.g. for a full-time, four-year qualification). Shorter, part-time qualifications are paid on a pro rata basis. An extra $500 is also available to support an internship.
The Scholarship payments will assist the Recipient with the financial costs of attending their institution and undertaking their Eligible Course of Study and Internship.
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program can provide:
- Funding up to $18,000, based on course length and type of study or training.
- A further $500 to support an internship.
To be considered for a Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarship you must meet all the eligibility criteria below:
- You must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, holder of a permanent humanitarian visa, or a New Zealand citizen living in Australia.
- Have commenced the first year of your Eligible Course of Study in Semester 1, Semester 2 or Trimester 3 of 2021.
- Your permanent home address must be in a regional or remote area as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS).
- Applicants must not have relocated to a major city more than 3 months prior to commencing their chosen course of study.
Your application will be assessed on two main selection criteria:
1. Financial Need: You will need to provide documentary evidence to demonstrate financial need.
2. Capability: You must provide a written response describing:
- A past educational achievement; AND/OR
- A work achievement; AND/OR
- Other achievements that help to demonstrate your ability to undertake your Eligible Course of Study.
Please note this is an external scholarship and you will need to apply directly through the Rural & Regional Enterprise Scholarships website found here.