Placement Grant - Domestic Undergraduate Students
Please note that applications for this program are now closed. Grant availability is subject to funding for each year.
This Grant supports eligible Domestic Undergraduate students who otherwise would not be able to complete required placement and prevent program progression.
This Grant is not automatically available to all students required to participate in placement required for their program.
The Domestic Student Placement Grant supports eligible domestic undergraduate students who are facing a high level of financial hardship and require financial assistance to ensure they are able to fully participate in placements related to their program and ensure program progression.
Please note that eligibility is determined from a students overall life circumstances and not just during time of placement.
To be eligible for the Domestic Student Placement Grant students must be able to demonstrate a high level of personal and financial need/hardship. Please note that eligibility is determined from a students overall life circumstances and not just during time of placement.
- $200 per week
- Minimum number of weeks = 2
- Maximum number of weeks = 5 per year
- Domestic undergraduate student
- Enrolled and active in program
- Evidence of confirmed placement in InPlace
- Evidence of successful placement completion
- Evidence of financial hardship or disadvantage (not only during time of placement)
- Not receiving placement funding from an external source (such as Going Rural)
- Eligible students can apply for more than one placement grant for different placements as they progress through their program/course.
- Eligible students will not automatically receive a subsequent grant. A new application and assessment is required.
- Eligible students can only receive a maximum of $1000 in placement grant funding per year.
- Eligible students must upload their placement completion evidence within 4 weeks of completion date to remain eligible to receive payment.
- Accepted completion evidence can be a signed time sheet from the attended placement or for nursing students a copy of your ANSAT , other students may provide a copy of relevant assessment report. Alternatively students may upload a screenshot of their placement from In Place once it appears as "Completed" not confirmed - this will not be accepted.
- Eligible students are required to complete the Offer Acceptance Tasks to confirm their eligibility for payment.
- These tasks, including uploading placement completion evidence must be submitted within 4 weeks of placement completion to be able to receive payment.
- Payments will made 5 to 10 business days after evidence of successful completion of the relevant placement.
Grants are subject to funding each year and funding is relevant to that year only.
Applications for the 2022 year close on Monday 19 December 2022 at 5pm. No further 2022 applications submitted after this date and time will be accepted for eligibility and will be automatically considered as ineligible due to no further funding availability for 2022 after this date.
Applications for 2023, although able to be submitted will not commence to be reviewed for eligibility until the week beginning 3 January 2023.
Going Rural have a range of scholarships available to students. They also offer an online Resilience and Self -Care Package that students can access anytime. Find out more here: https://goingruralhealth.com.au/student-information/scholarships/
We encourage students to access these supports and resources. Please note you cannot receive an external placement grant in lieu of a Federation University Placement Grant.