Destination Australia Scholarships are funded by the Commonwealth Government, and are designed to attract and support students who choose to live and study in regional communities. Both international and domestic students are eligible to apply for one of these scholarships.
$15,000 per year
To be eligible for a Destination Australia scholarship you must be:
- Living in a regional area on an ongoing basis throughout your course
- A new student at Federation University or commencing a new course at a higher level of study
- Enrolled at a regional campus of Federation University (Ballarat, Gippsland or Wimmera)
- Enrolled in a course that is fully-delivered in face-to-face mode at a regional campus
- Studying at a qualification level from Certificate 4 to PhD
- In possession of a valid student visa (if an international student)
Domestic and International (International students must have a current student visa to be eligible to apply)
Level of study
- Certificate IV
- Accredited diploma
- Advanced diploma or associate degree
- Bachelor degree
- Bachelors honours degree
- Graduate certificate or graduate diploma
- Masters or doctoral degrees
- Applications may close early so we encourage students to apply as soon as they can.
- Students need to be enrolled FULL TIME to be eligible to complete their application.
- Applications will be reviewed after scholarship applications close.
- There are a limited number of scholarships available so not all those who meet the eligibility criteria will be successful.
- Students must maintain eligibility throughout the course of their study to maintain their scholarship payments.
- Evidence of eligibility must be provided at the beginning of each year of study prior to receiving your scholarship payment.
Successful applicants will receive a lump sum payment of $15,000 per year for the duration of their scholarship. Payments will be made after census date once enrolment and residential evidence has been confirmed.