2024 Foundation - Dunkeld Refugee and Asylum Seeker Scholarship
The Foundation Dunkeld Refugee and Asylum Seeker Scholarship, valued at $1,000 is available for refugee students studying at either the Federation University SMB, Wimmera, or Mt Helen campus.
- Karen refugee or refugee student
- New/commencing or continuing student in 2024
- Enrolled in a TAFE, undergraduate or postgraduate degree (excluding research degrees)
- Studying at SMB Campus in Ballarat, Mt Helen Campus in Ballarat or Wimmera Campus
- Living within the Nhill district or Horsham
1 Scholarship Available
The recipient will receive a single payment of $1,000 after the census date.
- Active and enrolled for the full year post census date.
- Students who defer their offer or take a leave of absence will forfeit their award.
- Can be full-time or part-time.
- Must not be in their final semester of studying when applying.
- Awardees are required to attend the Foundation event at the scholarship-specified campus.
- Students are to maintain current contact details. If you cannot be contacted by mail, email or telephone in relation to this scholarship, your scholarship may be terminated.
How to apply
Read the Selection and Administration Guidelines to check your eligibility.
- Once applications open you will need to complete the application form questions and provide the required written references.
- Please note all applications will require two written references. If you are unsure what to provide in a written reference, please refer to the example reference.
A reference letter is a written recommendation from someone who knows your situation well. This person:
- should be at least 18 years old.
- have known you for at least a year or for the entire time you were in the situation.
- not be a close family member.
- not live with you.
- and be able to speak about your situation without needing you to explain it to them.
Reference letters can be written by supervisors, co-workers, clients, teachers, or professors.
If you're unsure about what to include in a reference letter, you can look at an example reference for guidance.
Information Privacy Procedure
Please read the Information Privacy Procedure before entering your profile in the Scholarships and Grants portal. Entering and submitting scholarship applications will constitute your consent to using your personal information as detailed in the Information Privacy Procedure.